Installing 8 using a different drive for data

От Joel Fradkin
Тема Installing 8 using a different drive for data
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I tried changing the directory in postgres.conf, but it is looking for a
PG_VERSION?
Do I need to do a dbinti or something?
I only want my data to be in the pgdata drive I want the rest in
/var/lib/pgsql/data
I actually want my wal in /wal (a different drive as well).
I have the instructions

0) backup your data
1) stop postmaster and verify.
2) cd $PGDATA; mv pg_xlog original_pg_xlog; ln -s /wal pg_xlog; cp
original_pg_xlog/* pg_xlog
3) start postmaster and confirm correct startup in log files.

Does this look like it will work for 8, do I do it from the /pgdata  folder
once II get that working or from /var/lib/pgsql/data?

Joel Fradkin

Wazagua, Inc.
2520 Trailmate Dr
Sarasota, Florida 34243
Tel.  941-753-7111 ext 305

jfradkin@wazagua.com
www.wazagua.com
Powered by Wazagua
Providing you with the latest Web-based technology & advanced tools.
© 2004. WAZAGUA, Inc. All rights reserved. WAZAGUA, Inc
 This email message is for the use of the intended recipient(s) and may
contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and delete and destroy
all copies of the original message, including attachments.