Re: Crontab and PostgreSQL Backup

От Gunnar Lindholm
Тема Re: Crontab and PostgreSQL Backup
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
>I use PostgreSQL version 7.0.2 for Linux Conectiva 5.1 Server, and I
> would like to know how do I do to configure and start the PostgreSQL's backup
> and restore
>using crontab?

restore with crontab???

Anyway.
Put a line in crontab like:
3  5 * * * /script/backdb.sh

and the script  /script/backdb.sh
could then look like:

#!/bin/bash
DATE=`date +%Y%m%d`
/usr/pgsql/bin/pg_dump databas > /tmp/dump.$DATE

then you have a file in /tmp/dump.$DATE that you could put on tape or whatever
you use. Use pg_dumpall if you want all databases.
You might want to consider making a  backup of the files  (for example
pg_hba.conf) in  PGDATA directory. Read the man page for details about OID's.

Good luck.
Gunnar.