How to get OID return value(pls help me)

От sandhya
Тема How to get OID return value(pls help me)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi......

My table consists of oid and varchar datatypes.
I want to get the oid type from the table and i need to pass it to a function which accepts only the oid data type.
But my problem is the return value of the datatype i am getting from the query result is char*.
Is there any function in postgresql which gives the return value of the executed query as OID type.

Please explain me what to do inorder to get the Oid type
When i used PQoidValue(res).It is giving 0.
Also in document they mention something related to INSERT query only.
But i want it for select query.
Thank you,
Regards,
Sandhya