Re: Practical impediment to supporting multiple SSL libraries

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Practical impediment to supporting multiple SSL libraries
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

-----Original Message-----
From: "Bruce Momjian"<pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>
Sent: 14/04/06 16:42:08
To: "Dave Page"<dpage@vale-housing.co.uk>
Cc: "tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us"<tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>, "kleptog@svana.org"<kleptog@svana.org>, "gsstark@mit.edu"<gsstark@mit.edu>,
"ZeugswetterA@spardat.at"<ZeugswetterA@spardat.at>,"pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org"<pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org>,
"inoue@tpf.co.jp"<inoue@tpf.co.jp>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Practical impediment to supporting multiple SSL libraries

> Hiroshi does not speak for the psqlODBC project.  It is a community
> project.

I am well aware of that, but as he is by far the most experienced and productive ODBC developer we have it would not be
particularlysensible to not give his opinion the weight it deserves - especially as there is unlikely to be anyone else
toundertake such a project (again).

Regards, Dave

-----Unmodified Original Message-----
Dave Page wrote:

> -----Original Message----- From: "Tom Lane"<tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> Sent:
> 14/04/06 16:22:45 To: "Martijn van Oosterhout"<kleptog@svana.org> Cc:
> "Greg Stark"<gsstark@mit.edu>, "Zeugswetter Andreas DCP
> SD"<ZeugswetterA@spardat.at>, "Dave Page"<dpage@vale-housing.co.uk>,
> "pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org"<pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org>, "Hiroshi
> Inoue"<inoue@tpf.co.jp> Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Practical impediment to
> supporting multiple SSL libraries
>
> > A fair question to ask is whether psqlODBC would consider
> > going back to a non-hybrid implementation if these features did exist
> > in libpq.
>
> It's not something I want to spend any more time on, and Hiroshi made
> it quite clear on -odbc yesterday that he doesn't want libpq to become
> a requirement of psqlODBC (it's dynamically loaded atm, thus is
> optional).

Hiroshi does not speak for the psqlODBC project.  It is a community
project.

-- Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us EnterpriseDB    http://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: Practical impediment to supporting multiple SSL libraries
Сообщение: Re: Practical impediment to supporting multiple SSL libraries