Re: Does PostgreSQL Stores its database in multiple disks?

От Igor Maciel Macaubas
Тема Re: Does PostgreSQL Stores its database in multiple disks?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

Heather, I might be able to do it. Let me check .. I can buy a cheap RAID
IDE controller and try to mount everything as one.

I was looking at the change log of postgresql 8, and figured out that it
supports tablespace now, giving me the flexibility of storing my tables in
different disks and even different directories if I want.

So, I'm thinking in, instead of migrating it from oracle to 7.4.2, migrate
it directly to 8.0 and be a beta tester for 8.0. that would be a great
experiment, don't you think?
Is anyone here using pgsql 8.0 in production now? I'm already using it in my
development environment, around 80 tables but just a few megabytes of data
(it's development). Is anyone here using it in a real world application by
now?

Regards,
Igor
--