PostgreSQL Remote Connection

От Guilherme Alberto
Тема PostgreSQL Remote Connection
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello,

Im trying to make a remote connection using a Windows Program called "EMS PostgreSQL Manager".

I am having issues setting up the pg_hba.conf properly to allow a user to make connections only to his assigned database.

Following the PostgreSQL documentation I could sucessfuly connect using a user password with the following entry in pg_hba.conf:

host all all my_ip 255.255.255.255 md5

With the above line I could connect to the server using a user password, although I could see all the databases of the server and manage all of them.

When I change it to:

host database_that_user_should_connect all my_ip 255.255.255.255 md5

I get an error message: no pga_hba.conf entry for host "my_ip", user "user", database "template1" (dont know why it says template1 if the database I choose was another one)

I have also tried using:

host all all my_ip 255.255.255.255 ident test

With the proper lines inside pg_ident.conf for "test" *******:

pg_ident.conf
test user pg_user

With no success

Anyone can help me ? I would like to allow a pg user to connect only to his assigned database providing the correct password.

Thank you very much.
Вложения