RE: [HACKERS] Some notes on optimizer cost estimates

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема RE: [HACKERS] Some notes on optimizer cost estimates
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Thanks for your good analysis.

I also have said current cost estimation for index-scan is too low.
But I have had no concrete numerical values.

I've wondered why we cound't analyze database without vacuum.
We couldn't run vacuum light-heartedly because it acquires an
exclusive lock for the target table.
In addition,vacuum error occurs with analyze option in most
cases AFAIK.

Regards.

Hiroshi Inoue
Inoue@tpf.co.jp