Hi, I have a question regarding the postgresql scripting

От Mehrab Erfani
Тема Hi, I have a question regarding the postgresql scripting
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,
I tried to get answers back from the newsgroup and the mail list of postgres.org, but wasn’t that luck yet.
I did subscribe though under the name NICO, and with the mail add: nico_king2002@yahoo.com
I’d appreciate it if you could answer my question.

I have written a script to import some data into my
database tables, with the delimiter ','. Now my question
is sometime the data being sent to my tables might not
match the data type or be corrupted and I receive an error message.
One: how could I prevent that?
Two: how can I divert all my error messages to a log file, where I can see the errors later?
Three: how can I proceed with importing the rest of the data even though some are corrupted?
Thanks

Nico,
P.S: I hope I am makeing sense.