net start postmaster doesn't start....I've checked the archives already..

От Tarry Singh
Тема net start postmaster doesn't start....I've checked the archives already..
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Gents,

OS -- Win2k server sp3

I've installed cygwin, installed the cygipc 1.13-2, initialized the db (as postgres user), started the ipc-daemon as a service , ssh is also started as service,

Now I have ran......
$ cygrunsrv --install postmaster --path /usr/bin/postmaster --args "-D /usr/share/postgresql/data -i" --dep ipc-daemon --termsig INT --user postgres --shutdown

and postmaster was installed as service.

But starting the postmaster doesn't help....

however doing the ......

/usr/bin/pg_ctl -D /usr/share/postgresql/data -l logfile start

start's the postmaster but I'm concerned as to why I can't get it to start automatically as a NT service.