initdb failed ...

От Flavio Hallais
Тема initdb failed ...
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi all,

After a successful installation of version 7.3, when I tried the
command:

initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data

I got the following messages:

creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data ... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/base ... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/global ... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg-xlog ... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg-clog ... ok
creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/database/1 ...

initdb failed
removing /usr/local/pgsql/data

I am lost because I install a use several previous versions
on the same box and never had any problems.

Thanks for any help.

Flavio Hallais
InterNetworking Technologies