Re: [ADMIN] Question about multiple postmasters

От Sejin Oh
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Question about multiple postmasters
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Postmaster is multi-proccess server..... i don't know why you would like to run multiple postmaster. it might make
senceif you wanto run different userid for postmaster but still you can use pg_hda.conf file to control user access;
therefore,in my opinion, I don't think it's good idea to run multiple postmaster in same server.

;)

>> > Has anyone tried running multiple postmasters w/ the same data
>> > directory.
>> > Any issues to watch out for?  Problems with locking?
>> > All of the systems would be running on Red Hat 5.1 x86.
>>
>> Hard to imagine why you would want to do that.  pg_log would be shared
>> by all backends, even if they connect to different databases, so this
>> is
>> very bad.
>Where is the pg_log located?  The only thing they would share would be
>data directories.  I plan on running each backing on different machines
>sharing a data directory.  It's more for load distribution than anything
>else.
> -DEJ

Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Question about multiple postmasters
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Question about multiple postmasters