Re: PSQL Working, but PGAccess Not Connecting.

От David Lloyd-Jones
Тема Re: PSQL Working, but PGAccess Not Connecting.
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
"Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes

> "David Lloyd-Jones" <david.lloyd-jones@attcanada.ca> writes:
> > PGAccess, the GUI, refuses to open it. The open command gives me the
error
> > message "Connection to database failed connect DBStart() -- connect()
> > failed: network is unreachable
>           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Your networking configuration is broken: the kernel does not believe it
> can contact itself.  I can't give you much help about specific fixes,
> but until you can do local loopback (such as "telnet 127.0.0.1") you
> won't have any luck contacting the postmaster via TCP --- which is
> what PGAccess wants to do.
>
> I'd suggest reading some basic networking HOWTOs ...

Tom,

Thanks for your note. Not to be ungracious, (RTFM would always be good
advice, were it not for the fact that manuals are written at greater speed
than one can read them) but I don't see how this adds up: I'm not on a
network, and PSQL, which is a front end to PostgreSQL, just like PGAccess is
supposed to be, is running fine.

Let me rephrase the question this way: since PSQL works, why wouldn't
PGAccess?
                                  Cheers,
                                            -dlj.

Сообщение: Re: PSQL Working, but PGAccess Not Connecting.
Сообщение: Re: PSQL Working, but PGAccess Not Connecting.