Re: 7.0.1 Problems.

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: 7.0.1 Problems.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 04 Jun 2000, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Jun 2000, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> > * Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org> [000604 13:57] wrote:
> > > Unless there have been changes, I figured I'd take what I needed from
> > > the 7.0 tarball, unless a 7.0.1 re-release or 7.0.2 release is planned
> > > soon. I just want to see where the direction is going to be before doing
> > > that.
> > I wouldn't, shipping outdated docs is a nice way of shooting your
> > users in the feet.
> actually, were there much changes to the docs themselves since the release
> of v7.0?  the tar files I can find on the site are dated May 8th ...

The major changes deal with the changed CVSROOT.  There are other changes --
a diff -uNr between postgresql-7.0/doc/src and postgresql-7.0.1/doc/src is 100K
or so, with the majority of it being $Header differences.

I will wait to package 7.0.1 RPMs until a direction is set by Steering on this
issue, or a week passes.  If a week passes without a set direction, I'm going
to package 7.0.1 RPMs with the 7.0 PostScript docs, unless I get my own
jade/DocBook system up and running building the docs here first. (RedHat 6.2
ships with a jade/DocBook SGML toolset -- I just have to learn how to use it in
this context.)

Your call.

--
Lamar Owen