Prblm: Using PostgreSQL JDBC driver from Windows.

От Ola Theander
Тема Prblm: Using PostgreSQL JDBC driver from Windows.
Дата
Re: Prblm: Using PostgreSQL JDBC driver from Windows.  (tony <tony@animaproductions.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Dear subscribers.

I've recently tried to use the PostgreSQL JDBC driver from a Windows
workstation, connecting over the network to a PostgreSQL db running on
Linux, and there seems to be a minor problem, see the attached Java
stack trace.

The Windows computer runs a development environment with Sun's Forte for
Java 4 CE and is used to develop JSP/servlet solutions. The db server is
running PostgreSQL 7.2.1. on a SuSE Linux 8.0. My guess is that it might
have something to do with threads since the code crashes if it's in a
servlet processed by Tomcat 4.x. If I move the same code to a Java
application, i.e. an ordinary main class, the same code works.

My next step is to check whether the same problem occurs with one of our
development computers running Linux, i.e. to find out if it's a Windows
problem or not.

The computers are using JDK 1.4.0.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards, Ola Theander

Вложения