Re: PSQL Working, but PGAccess Not Connecting.

От David Lloyd-Jones
Тема Re: PSQL Working, but PGAccess Not Connecting.
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
I am trying to create a database which will eventually become part of a
dynamic Web page put up by AOLserver within .adp pages. This is all running
on Linux 6.2 on a machine with 64 meg of RAM and plenty of
disk.etc/rc/d/init.

I can access it with the command psql <databasename>, which is nice, but
PGAccess, the GUI, refuses to open it. The open command gives me the error
message "Connection to database failed connect DBStart() -- connect()
failed: network is unreachable
Is the postmaster running (with -i) at "localhost" and accepting connections
on TCP/IP port '5432'?"

I do not know whther I am running the postmaster with -i. I started it with
the command /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql start. I have also tried start -i.
In both cases I get the response that postmaster is running -- which is why
psql works.

Netscape is refused by http://127.0.0.1 and by http://127.0.0.1:5432.  What
should I be doing about this "network is unreachable" or the "DBStart() --
connect failed"?
                                         Many thanks,
                                                         -dlj.