Re: Installation of postgre DBD is easy without RMP

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: Installation of postgre DBD is easy without RMP
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, 22 May 2000, Hans Poo wrote:
> Just a little complaint... �Why not to include the full perl portable (i
> mean DBI) development kit in Postgres? ... sorry about this, i know it's
> free but...

DBD::Pg is under either the GNU GPL or the Artistic License -- GPL is not
compatible with the BSD-licensed main PostgreSQL distribution, but I don't know
about the Artistic License.

If you are running RedHat Linux, you can get DBI and DBD::Pg RPMs that simply
plug in to the existing installation and just _run_.

My personal preference would be to simply drop the perl Pg interface
altogether, and point those interested in perl interfacing to DBI and DBD::Pg,
but I am resigned to the likely fact that the Pg interface is likely to be
around for a very long time.

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio