Problem with the Connection

От Matze
Тема Problem with the Connection
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hallo There,

I've got a Problem with PostgreSQL. I installed the Windows Binary of
Postgre 8.1 (postgresql-8.1.msi). During the Installation the Installer
popped up several messages that some Propertys of the Server or the Tables
couldn't be set correctly. But the Installer itself finished the
installation sucessfully.

When I try to connect pgAdmin III with the running Postgre Server (on
localhost) I get the followin message:
psql: server closed the connection unexpectedly.This probably means the
server terminated abnormally before or while processing the request.
The same message appears in the console when I try to connect via the
console.

I hope somebody can help me.

Matthias Feist

(Sorry for the bad English)