PostgreSQL recovery file syntax, ver 8.4 vs ver 9.5

От Telium Technical Support
Тема PostgreSQL recovery file syntax, ver 8.4 vs ver 9.5
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

In postgreSQL version 8.4 it seems that you can place the db server into warm standby mode with the following setting in recovery.conf

    restore_command = 'pg_standby archiveDir %f %p %r'

In postgreSQL version 9.5 I see the same option, but I also see what appears to be an alternative syntax in recovery.conf:

   standby_mode = (boolean)

   trigger_file = (string)

So is this new syntax an alternative to the old syntax (both are accepted by PGSQL)? Any benefit to the new syntax?

Does the new syntax mean that I can use the restore_command setting as well (to use my own copy command)?