libpq.so.3 compatability problem still there for 8.0.3 installs

От Gregory Zelesnik
Тема libpq.so.3 compatability problem still there for 8.0.3 installs
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi!

I’m trying to upgrade to postgreSQL 8.0.3-1 from 7.3.6-7.  I’m having the same compatibility problem with libpq.so.3 that others seem to be having.

After searching the web, I noticed that the solution seemed to be to download the compatibility package: compat-postgresql-libs-3-3PGDG.i686.rpm and install this first..

I’ve downloaded it, and my attempt to install it produced the following conflict:

error: Failed dependencies:

        postgresql-libs < 8.0.2 conflicts with compat-postgresql-libs-3-3PGDG

Can anyone help me with with an alternative way to solve the compatability problem?

Your help is greatly appreciated!!!

Greg