Re: encoding converting from ascii to unicode (I got it

От Joel Fradkin
Тема Re: encoding converting from ascii to unicode (I got it
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

I finally got it to work. I tested the unicode database with the newer odbc drivers as well.

It is working ok as far asp pages now.

        Dim ascii As Encoding = Encoding.ASCII

        Dim [unicode] As Encoding = Encoding.Unicode

        Dim unicodeBytes As Byte() = [unicode].GetBytes(asciiString)

        sqltounicode = [unicode].GetString(unicodeBytes)

This worked in a .net app using ascii (do not specify the encoding on this connection) read and Unicode write (specify Encoding=UNICODE;).

Any one know if I will run into any other issues using a unicode database (is sqlascii now).

I use zeos for Delphi, and

Java I use:

            static String driver = "org.postgresql.Driver";

            static String url = "jdbc:postgresql://192.168.123.121/wazagua";

Just want to make sure my .net, asp , java and Delphi stuff will not break switching to Unicode.

I am switching because I hope the new odbc drivers work better for us (we have seen IIS crash from time to time, where we did not before switching to postgres).

Joel Fradkin

Wazagua, Inc.
2520 Trailmate Dr
Sarasota, F
lorida 34243
Tel.  941-753-7111 ext 305

jfradkin@wazagua.com
www.wazagua.com
Powered by Wazagua
Providing you with the latest Web-based technology & advanced tools.
© 2004. WAZAGUA, Inc. All rights reserved. WAZAGUA, Inc
 This email message is for the use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and delete and destroy all copies of the original message, including attachments.