Re: Question about DB VACUUM

От Chris White (cjwhite)
Тема Re: Question about DB VACUUM
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
But as you could see from the prior query \lo_list showed no large
objects, this was done just prior to the vacuum.

aesop=# \lo_list
  Large objects
 ID | Description
----+-------------
(0 rows)

aesop=# vacuum verbose pg_largeobject;
NOTICE:  --Relation pg_largeobject--
NOTICE:  Index pg_largeobject_loid_pn_index: Pages 2819; Tuples 460:
Deleted 84.

        CPU 0.21s/0.02u sec elapsed 0.23 sec.
NOTICE:  Removed 84 tuples in 19 pages.
        CPU 0.01s/0.01u sec elapsed 0.01 sec.
NOTICE:  Pages 19: Changed 0, Empty 0; Tup 460: Vac 84, Keep 460, UnUsed
2.
        Total CPU 0.22s/0.03u sec elapsed 0.25 sec.
VACUUM

I am using the JDBC LargeObject.delete() method to remove large objects
from the pg_largeobject table. Could you suggest a better mechanism to
use from java?

Chris