Problem restoring large objects with pg_restore

От Chris White (cjwhite)
Тема Problem restoring large objects with pg_restore
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I am running version 7.2.1 of postgres and I am trying to restore all the large objects and associated tables from a backup I took 3 days ago. I created a restore list using

pg_restore -l restore.file > restore.list

command. I then edited the restore list to only include those tables I needed. Then I restored the tables and large objects using the

pg_restore -c -d database -U user -L restore list restore.file

Everything got restored, all the requested tables and all the large objects. However, all the large objects were restored with a different oids (some using oids of previous large objects), which made all the references to these oids in the tables incorrect.

What did I do wrong?

Chris White