RE: [HACKERS] RE: [GENERAL] Long update query ? (also Re: [GENERAL] CNF vs. DNF)

От Taral
Тема RE: [HACKERS] RE: [GENERAL] Long update query ? (also Re: [GENERAL] CNF vs. DNF)
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] RE: [GENERAL] Long update query ? (also Re: [GENERAL] CNF vs. DNF)
Список pgsql-hackers
> How do we do that with UNION, and return the right rows.  Seems the
> _join_ happending multiple times would be much worse than the factoring.

Ok... We have two problems:

1) DNF for unjoined queries.
2) Factorization for the rest.

I have some solutions for (1). Not for (2). Remember that unjoined queries
are quite common. :)

For (1), we can always try to parallel the multiple queries... especially in
the case where a sequential search is required.

Taral