SQL fast in PSQL, very slow using MS.NET driver

От Ashish Sharma
Тема SQL fast in PSQL, very slow using MS.NET driver
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi,

The setup in question includes PostGRESQL v8.2.4, Java based web servers and MS.NET based web servers. Following is the fuzzy situation:

1.       Our SQL queries run very fast using PSQL (both, from the server as well as the client).

2.       The Java app also retrieves the results very fast (of course, we are using Postgres JDBC driver).

3.       But, the same SQL queries perform pathetically slow when called from .NET application. The driver being used is NPGSQL.

I have tried  making some alterations to TCP related system variables like TCP_NoDelay and TCPAckFrequency on Windows, but to no profit. Same setup is already running on Oracle backend, and, there is no difference in SQL response timings from either application.

Please advice, as this has become a major hurdle for us to push PostGRESQL to be productionized, in place of currently running Oracle DB.

Regards,

Ashish Sharma

Core Database Systems

http://www.coredbsystems.com