Re: Exposing DEFAULT_PGSOCKET_DIR via a libpq function?

От Larry Rosenman
Тема Re: Exposing DEFAULT_PGSOCKET_DIR via a libpq function?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jeremy Drake wrote:

> When I encounter such behavior, my tool of choice tends to be
> strace(1) rather than strings(1).  That way, you know what exactly
> the thing it wants that it is not finding is...
That assumes that the user has strace(1) installed.  Yes, I've run into
systemsthat don't have it, and have no idea where the RPM/etc is for it :(.

There is also the differences between Linux (strace), SVR4 (truss), *BSD
(ktrace),etc, whereas a commandline switch to psql and the one-line function I
proposed wouldbe standard across at least all the unix-like systems (since I think that
the windows code doesn't enable HAVE_UNIX_SOCKETS, and therefore even if the library returns
a string, it's useless.

LER

Phone: +1 512-248-2683                 E-Mail: ler@lerctr.org
US Mail: 430 Valona Loop, Round Rock, TX 78681-3683 US

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Exposing DEFAULT_PGSOCKET_DIR via a libpq function?
От: "Larry Rosenman"
Сообщение: Re: Exposing DEFAULT_PGSOCKET_DIR via a libpq function?