От: Joel Fradkin
Тема: Re: speed of querry?
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

speed of querry?  ("Joel Fradkin", )
 Re: speed of querry?  (Richard Huxton, )
  Re: speed of querry?  ("Joel Fradkin", )
  Re: speed of querry?  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: speed of querry?  ("Joel Fradkin", )
    Re: speed of querry?  (Dawid Kuroczko, )
     Re: speed of querry?  ("Joel Fradkin", )
      Re: speed of querry?  (Dawid Kuroczko, )
       Re: speed of querry?  (Tom Lane, )
        Re: speed of querry?  ("Joel Fradkin", )
         Re: speed of querry?  ("Joel Fradkin", )
 Re: speed of querry?  ("Dave Held", )
  Re: speed of querry?  ("Joel Fradkin", )
   Re: speed of querry?  (Tom Lane, )
    Re: speed of querry?  ("Joel Fradkin", )
     Re: speed of querry?  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: speed of querry?  ("Dave Page", )
  Re: speed of querry?  ("Joel Fradkin", )

are you sure the query was identical in each case.

I just ran a second time same results ensuring that the query is the same.
Not sure why it is doing a column10 thing. Any ideas what to look for?
Both data bases are a restore from the same backup file.

One is running redhat the other XP, I believe both are the same version of
postgres except for the different platform (8.0.1 I am pretty sure).

I just spent the morning with Dell hoping for some explanation from them.
They said I had to have the database on the same type of OS and hardware for
them to think the issue was hardware. They are escalating to the software
group.

I did a default Redhat install so it very well may be an issue with my lack
of knowledge on Linux.

He did mention by default the Perc4 do cache, so I may need to visit the
data center to set the percs to not cache.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd