connectivity to database been an issue for me.

От Joel Fradkin
Тема connectivity to database been an issue for me.
Дата
Re: connectivity to database been an issue for me.
Список pgsql-admin

Hi,

We are in development stage of implementing postgres.

Our data center is in Tampa and we are in Bardenton and I am using DSL at my office (384 up, 1.5 down).

Data center is 2 meg ea way.

When I use pgadmin to connect it is ok, but as soon as I do any querry that has much data I get disconeected.

I was able to test pinging an outside web page (yahoo.com) and could see as soon as I start the transimission from a query in pgadmin the pinging gets disrupted (also I lose the connection to pgadmin).

I am thinking of T1 to data center (but is like 600 a month) or even upping the office to breakfreee which is pretty cheap and is 2 mb ea way.

Before I spend $ I thought I would ask if there are any tools less subject to disconnect from temporary connection loss?

If any one else experienced the same type of issues and what they did to resolve the issue.

Once we go live I am probably going to want replication and if the connection is going to thwart this I need to see if there is a workable solution.

Joel Fradkin