WARNING IN serverlog file

От Aspire Something
Тема WARNING IN serverlog file
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi all ,

When I call a function within other function I get this warning in the
serverlog file
<code>
WARNING:  BEGIN: already a transaction in progress
WARNING:  BEGIN: already a transaction in progress
</code>
I am calling the function within other function with following syntax
<code>
all blah blah of function
DECLARE
data_call TEXT ; -- text data to be retrived
BEGIN
data_call := function_called();
end;
some more blah plpgsql;
</code>

I would  like to know ?
1. Is this warning ignorable as  my function

    function_called();
    when executed as stand alone does not generate this warning in the
srverlog file
    Also when i comment the function function_called() then also no such
warning is encountered

2. Why this warning generated when all syntax is correct in the function's
??

Loads of thanks in advance if you only read.

Loads of humble thanks in advance if you read and reply .

Regards,
V Kashyap
======= My Sys Looks as ==========
Red Hat 7.2 Kernel  2.4.7-10
PHP 4.3.0
GCC 3.0.2
Postgresql 7.3.2
Intel arch i686

Some people think it's holding on that makes one strong;
 sometimes  it's letting go.