Re: Standalone Postgres

От Andy Shellam
Тема Re: Standalone Postgres
Дата
Re: Standalone Postgres  (Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@g2switchworks.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
You won't be able to run it all off CD no, as Postgres requires
log/transaction files etc to be written to.  It also requires a service
user/data directory so it would have to be installed.

If you don't require the functionality etc of Postgres (and haven't
developed your solution yet) you might be better off looking at something
like SQLlite, which uses flat-files.

Andy