RE : Seq scan of table?

От Bruno BAGUETTE
Тема RE : Seq scan of table?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

> I am trying to tune my database and I discovered one select
> that does a seq scan on a table but I can't see why... All
> the join fields are indexed and I am returning just one
> record, so no sort is done. Does it just pick seq scan for
> the heck of it or is it a reason?

Are the join fields both of the exactly same type ? If no (eg : INT2 and
INT4)
you must cast in order to have the same type.

If the join fields are not of the same type, PostgreSQL will do a seq
scan.

I had exactly the same problem and learned here that tip :-)

Hope this help,

Bruno BAGUETTE - pgsql-ml@baguette.net