Обсуждение: [ pg_ctl ] Review Request for Adding Pre-check User Script Feature

[ pg_ctl ] Review Request for Adding Pre-check User Script Feature

От
김명준

Hello,

I have been considering adding a user script that performs pre-checks before executing the start, stop, and restart operations in pg_ctl. I believe it is necessary for pg_ctl to support an extension that can prevent various issues that might occur when using start and stop. To this end, I have sought a way for users to define and use their own logic. The existing behavior remains unchanged, and the feature can be used optionally when needed.

The verification of the code was carried out using the methods described below, and I would like to request additional opinions or feedback. Tests were conducted using make check and through direct testing under various scenarios. As this is my first contribution, there might be aspects I missed or incorrectly designed.

I would appreciate it if you could review this.

Thank you.

Myoungjun Kim / South Korea

Вложения

Re: [ pg_ctl ] Review Request for Adding Pre-check User Script Feature

От
Zaid Shabbir
Дата:
Hello,

Can you briefly explain what’s the issues you are going through the patch?

[...]

Kisoon Kwon
Дата:
Hi,

0. For more understanding, can you give me an example about your patch?
1. Instead of using chmod itself, it would be better to use chmod_recursive().
2. It needs to follow the invent convention - it includes 4 spaces now.

Thank you,

Kisoon Kwon

2024년 7월 16일 (화) 오후 3:40, 김명준 <rayjun0525@gmail.com>님이 작성: