Обсуждение: pgsql: Cope with name clashes.

pgsql: Cope with name clashes.

От
Thomas Munro
Дата:
Cope with <regex.h> name clashes.

macOS 15's SDK pulls in headers related to <regex.h> when we include
<xlocale.h>.  This causes our own regex_t implementation to clash with
the OS's regex_t implementation.  Luckily our function names already had
pg_ prefixes, but the macros and typenames did not.

Include <regex.h> explicitly on all POSIX systems, and fix everything
that breaks.  Then we can prove that we are capable of fully hiding and
replacing the system regex API with our own.

1.  Deal with standard-clobbering macros by undefining them all first.
POSIX says they are "symbolic constants".  If they are macros, this
allows us to redefine them.  If they are enums or variables, our macros
will hide them.

2.  Deal with standard-clobbering types by giving our types pg_
prefixes, and then using macros to redirect xxx_t -> pg_xxx_t.

After including our "regex/regex.h", the system <regex.h> is hidden,
because we've replaced all the standard names.  The PostgreSQL source
tree and extensions can continue to use standard prefix-less type and
macro names, but reach our implementation, if they included our
"regex/regex.h" header.

Back-patch to all supported branches, so that macOS 15's tool chain can
build them.

Reported-by: Stan Hu <stanhu@gmail.com>
Suggested-by: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
Tested-by: Aleksander Alekseev <aleksander@timescale.com>
Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/CAMBWrQnEwEJtgOv7EUNsXmFw2Ub4p5P%2B5QTBEgYwiyjy7rAsEQ%40mail.gmail.com

Branch
------
REL_17_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/9c273679b36b2c7c9ae13889ec6a5a3892842a6b

Modified Files
src/include/regex/regex.h        | 101 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----
src/tools/pgindent/typedefs.list |   3 ++