Обсуждение: User roles for gathering performance metrics data

User roles for gathering performance metrics data

От
Siraj G
Дата:
Greetings!

I am from Oracle background. In Oracle, we grant select_catalog_role or select any dictionary role to users who want to study performance data. I am trying to get similar information on the roles or privileges in PgSQL that we might want to request to investigate the performance problems?

Thanks
Siraj

Re: User roles for gathering performance metrics data

От
Christophe Pettus

> On Mar 26, 2024, at 22:30, Siraj G <tosiraj.g@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am from Oracle background. In Oracle, we grant select_catalog_role or select any dictionary role to users who want
tostudy performance data. I am trying to get similar information on the roles or privileges in PgSQL that we might want
torequest to investigate the performance problems?

You probably want pg_monitor:

    https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/predefined-roles.html

Re: User roles for gathering performance metrics data

От
"David G. Johnston"
Дата:
On Tuesday, March 26, 2024, Siraj G <tosiraj.g@gmail.com> wrote:

I am from Oracle background. In Oracle, we grant select_catalog_role or select any dictionary role to users who want to study performance data. I am trying to get similar information on the roles or privileges in PgSQL that we might want to request to investigate the performance problems?

PostgreSQL roles are defined here:

David J.