Обсуждение: Simplify backtrace_functions GUC code

Simplify backtrace_functions GUC code

От
Bharath Rupireddy
Дата:
Hi,

While working on [1], I noticed that the backtrace_functions GUC code
does its own string parsing and uses another extra variable
backtrace_function_list to store the processed form of
backtrace_functions GUC.

I think the code can be simplified a bit by using
SplitIdentifierString like in the attached patch. With this,
backtrace_function_list variable and assign_backtrace_functions() will
go away.

Thoughts?

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CALj2ACXG1wzrb8%2B5HPNd8Qjr1h8GYkW-ijWhMYr2Y8_DzOB-%3Dg%40mail.gmail.com

--
Bharath Rupireddy
PostgreSQL Contributors Team

Re: Simplify backtrace_functions GUC code

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
On 2024-Mar-17, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:

> I think the code can be simplified a bit by using
> SplitIdentifierString like in the attached patch. With this,
> backtrace_function_list variable and assign_backtrace_functions() will
> go away.

Did you read the discussion that led to the current coding?  What part
of it is no longer valid, in such a way that you want to make the code
look like an approach that was rejected back then?

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/35beac83-bf15-9d79-05c4-2dccd0834993%402ndquadrant.com#4dc9ccec753c0d99369be9d53bf24476