Обсуждение: pgsql: Temporary patch to help debug pg_walsummary test failures.

pgsql: Temporary patch to help debug pg_walsummary test failures.

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
Temporary patch to help debug pg_walsummary test failures.

The tests in 002_blocks.pl are failing in the buildfarm from time to
time, but we don't know how to reproduce the failure elsewhere. The
most obvious explanation seems to be the unexpected disappearance of a
WAL summary file, so bump up the logging level in
RemoveWalSummaryIfOlderThan to try to help us spot such problems, and
print the cutoff time in addition to the removed filename. Also
adjust 002_blocks.pl to dump out a directory listing of the relevant
directory at various points.

This patch should be reverted once we sort out what's happening here.

Patch by me, reviewed by Nathan Bossart, who also reported the issue.

Discussion: http://postgr.es/m/20240124170846.GA2643050@nathanxps13

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/5ddf9973477729cf161b4ad0a1efd52f4fea9c88

Modified Files
--------------
src/backend/backup/walsummary.c       |  7 +++++++
src/bin/pg_walsummary/t/002_blocks.pl | 14 ++++++++++++++
2 files changed, 21 insertions(+)

Re: pgsql: Temporary patch to help debug pg_walsummary test failures.

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Fri, Jan 26, 2024 at 06:37:17PM +0000, Robert Haas wrote:
> Temporary patch to help debug pg_walsummary test failures.
>
> This patch should be reverted once we sort out what's happening here.

Not sure if that's worth fixing if this should be gone at some point,
but koel has been complaining on this one:
https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=koel&dt=2024-01-28%2016%3A19%3A03
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: pgsql: Temporary patch to help debug pg_walsummary test failures.

От
David Rowley
Дата:
On Mon, 29 Jan 2024 at 12:40, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> Not sure if that's worth fixing if this should be gone at some point,
> but koel has been complaining on this one:
> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=koel&dt=2024-01-28%2016%3A19%3A03

I think we should as we don't know how long it'll be before this gets
reverted.  In the meantime, having a buildfarm member red is annoying.

David

Re: pgsql: Temporary patch to help debug pg_walsummary test failures.

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Tue, Jan 30, 2024 at 10:06 PM David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Jan 2024 at 12:40, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> > Not sure if that's worth fixing if this should be gone at some point,
> > but koel has been complaining on this one:
> > https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=koel&dt=2024-01-28%2016%3A19%3A03
>
> I think we should as we don't know how long it'll be before this gets
> reverted.  In the meantime, having a buildfarm member red is annoying.

I included a fix for this in ea18eb7d625573dc369df619f7ff3b9e60e47531.
Apologies for the inconvenience.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com