Обсуждение: how to trace a backend session

how to trace a backend session

От
James Pang
Дата:
experts,
    We migrated our database from Oracle to Postgresql recently, we used to turn on Oracle session trace(that will capture all activities, SQL statements, waiting, waiting time), to do living troubleshooting.  could you direct any similar tracing in Postgresql v13 , v14.

Thanks,

James

Re: how to trace a backend session

От
Pierre Forstmann
Дата:
Hello,

I have coded an extension to trace SQL statements for specific backends: https://github.com/pierreforstmann/pg_log_statements
(only SQL statements are traced - no wait events data is collected).

Pierre

    We migrated our database from Oracle to Postgresql recently, we used to turn on Oracle session trace(that will capture all activities, SQL statements, waiting, waiting time), to do living troubleshooting.  could you direct any similar tracing in Postgresql v13 , v14.

Thanks,

James

Re: how to trace a backend session

От