Обсуждение: doc: add LITERAL tag to RETURNING

doc: add LITERAL tag to RETURNING

От
torikoshia
Дата:
Hi,

RETURNING is usually tagged with appropriate tags, such as <LITERAL>,
but not in the 'query' section of COPY.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/sql-copy.html

Would it be better to put <LITERAL> here as well?

Atsushi Torikoshi
NTT DATA Group Corporation
Вложения

Re: doc: add LITERAL tag to RETURNING

От
Ashutosh Bapat
Дата:
On Fri, Jan 12, 2024 at 11:27 AM torikoshia <torikoshia@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> RETURNING is usually tagged with appropriate tags, such as <LITERAL>,
> but not in the 'query' section of COPY.

I have the same observation.

> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/sql-copy.html
>
> Would it be better to put <LITERAL> here as well?

The patch looks good.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat

Re: doc: add LITERAL tag to RETURNING

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
On 2024-Jan-12, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 12, 2024 at 11:27 AM torikoshia <torikoshia@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:
> >
> > RETURNING is usually tagged with appropriate tags, such as <LITERAL>,
> > but not in the 'query' section of COPY.

> The patch looks good.

Good catch, pushed.  It has user-visible effect, so I backpatched it.

"People get annoyed when you try to debug them."  (Larry Wall)

Re: doc: add LITERAL tag to RETURNING

От
torikoshia
Дата:
On 2024-01-12 20:56, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On 2024-Jan-12, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jan 12, 2024 at 11:27 AM torikoshia
>> <torikoshia@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > RETURNING is usually tagged with appropriate tags, such as <LITERAL>,
>> > but not in the 'query' section of COPY.
>
>> The patch looks good.
>
> Good catch, pushed.  It has user-visible effect, so I backpatched it.

Thanks for your review and push.

Atsushi Torikoshi
NTT DATA Group Corporation