Обсуждение: pg_dump: Remove obsolete trigger support

pg_dump: Remove obsolete trigger support

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
In 30e7c175b81, support for pre-9.2 servers was removed from pg_dump.
But I found that a lot of dead code was left for supporting dumping
triggers from those old versions, presumably because that code was not
behind straightforward versioned "if" branches.  This patch removes the
rest of the unneeded code.
Вложения

Re: pg_dump: Remove obsolete trigger support

Дата:
Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> writes:
> In 30e7c175b81, support for pre-9.2 servers was removed from pg_dump.
> But I found that a lot of dead code was left for supporting dumping
> triggers from those old versions, presumably because that code was not
> behind straightforward versioned "if" branches.  This patch removes the
> rest of the unneeded code.

Hm, you're right, we can depend on pg_get_triggerdef in all cases now.
However, the patch looks a little incomplete: you did not remove
fetching of all of the now-unneeded values from the SQL queries.

            regards, tom lane

Re: pg_dump: Remove obsolete trigger support

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On 09.01.24 16:27, Tom Lane wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> writes:
>> In 30e7c175b81, support for pre-9.2 servers was removed from pg_dump.
>> But I found that a lot of dead code was left for supporting dumping
>> triggers from those old versions, presumably because that code was not
>> behind straightforward versioned "if" branches.  This patch removes the
>> rest of the unneeded code.
>
> Hm, you're right, we can depend on pg_get_triggerdef in all cases now.
> However, the patch looks a little incomplete: you did not remove
> fetching of all of the now-unneeded values from the SQL queries.

I think all the remaining SQL queries only select the fields that are
needed.  The now-unneeded values were only selected by queries that are
being deleted.  If I missed something, an example would help me.

I wrote:
> However, the patch looks a little incomplete: you did not remove
> fetching of all of the now-unneeded values from the SQL queries.

Oh, scratch that, I now see that we already did that query
optimization.

            regards, tom lane