Обсуждение: Postgresql went crazy and flooded all the SSD

Postgresql went crazy and flooded all the SSD

От
Gabriel Dodan
Дата:
Not sure exactly what happened but Postgresql flooded all the available SSD space and obviously crashed. It has written a lot of data in the pg_wal folder. Most likely it was caused by replication. The postgresql instance that crashed was a subscriber and publisher at the same time. Even so, it was not a heavy write replication, I mean the data that needed to be replicated was rarely updated. Has anyone else encountered such an issue?

Best!

Re: Postgresql went crazy and flooded all the SSD

От
Andreas Kretschmer

On 6 November 2023 12:11:31 CET, Gabriel Dodan <gabriel.dodan@gmail.com> wrote:
>Not sure exactly what happened but Postgresql flooded all the available SSD
>space and obviously crashed. It has written a lot of data in the pg_wal
>folder. Most likely it was caused by replication. The postgresql instance
>that crashed was a subscriber and publisher at the same time. Even so, it
>was not a heavy write replication, I mean the data that needed to be
>replicated was rarely updated. Has anyone else encountered such an issue?
>
>Best!

Check the logs.

Andreas

Re: Postgresql went crazy and flooded all the SSD

От
hubert depesz lubaczewski
Дата:
On Mon, Nov 06, 2023 at 01:11:31PM +0200, Gabriel Dodan wrote:
> Not sure exactly what happened but Postgresql flooded all the available SSD
> space and obviously crashed. It has written a lot of data in the pg_wal
> folder. Most likely it was caused by replication. The postgresql instance
> that crashed was a subscriber and publisher at the same time. Even so, it
> was not a heavy write replication, I mean the data that needed to be
> replicated was rarely updated. Has anyone else encountered such an issue?

You might want to read https://www.depesz.com/2023/06/18/why-is-my-wal-directory-so-large/

Best regards,

depesz