Обсуждение: Finding execution plan

Finding execution plan

От
shashidhar Reddy
Дата:
Hello All,

I have a Postgresql function scheduled to run on the database, some tines it is taking too long than usual time, is it possible to get the execution plan of this function or any other way to troubleshoot

Re: Finding execution plan

От
Adrian Klaver

I have a Postgresql function scheduled to run on the database, some tines it is taking too long than usual time, is it possible to get the execution plan of this function or any other way to troubleshoot

You might to take a look at the contrib module:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/pgstatstatements.html

"The pg_stat_statements module provides a means for tracking planning and execution statistics of all SQL statements executed by a server."

Re: Finding execution plan

От
Adrian Klaver

I have a Postgresql function scheduled to run on the database, some tines it is taking too long than usual time, is it possible to get the execution plan of this function or any other way to troubleshoot

You might to take a look at the contrib module:

                 ^want

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/pgstatstatements.html

"The pg_stat_statements module provides a means for tracking planning and execution statistics of all SQL statements executed by a server."

Re: Finding execution plan

Дата:
On Fri, Nov  3, 2023 at 10:44:12AM -0700, Adrian Klaver wrote:

> On 11/3/23 10:40 AM, shashidhar Reddy wrote:
>
>     Hello All,
>
>     I have a Postgresql function scheduled to run on the database, some tines
>     it is taking too long than usual time, is it possible to get the execution
>     plan of this function or any other way to troubleshoot
>

> You might to take a look at the contrib module:
>

> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/pgstatstatements.html
>

> "The pg_stat_statements module provides a means for tracking planning and
> execution statistics of all SQL statements executed by a server."

Since he asked about execution plans, I was thinking auto_explain:

    https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/auto-explain.html

Re: Finding execution plan

От
shashidhar Reddy
Дата:
Thank you Adrian fir the reply, I am looking for something like complete execution plan of the function just like EXPLAIN does.

I have a Postgresql function scheduled to run on the database, some tines it is taking too long than usual time, is it possible to get the execution plan of this function or any other way to troubleshoot

You might to take a look at the contrib module:

                 ^want

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/pgstatstatements.html

"The pg_stat_statements module provides a means for tracking planning and execution statistics of all SQL statements executed by a server."

Re: Finding execution plan

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 11/3/23 10:54 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Fri, Nov  3, 2023 at 10:44:12AM -0700, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>> On 11/3/23 10:40 AM, shashidhar Reddy wrote:
>>
>>      Hello All,
>>
>>      I have a Postgresql function scheduled to run on the database, some tines
>>      it is taking too long than usual time, is it possible to get the execution
>>      plan of this function or any other way to troubleshoot
>>

>> You might to take a look at the contrib module:
>>

>> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/pgstatstatements.html
>>

>> "The pg_stat_statements module provides a means for tracking planning and
>> execution statistics of all SQL statements executed by a server."
> Since he asked about execution plans, I was thinking auto_explain:
>
>     https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/auto-explain.html

Yeah, that would be the better option.

Re: Finding execution plan

От
shashidhar Reddy
Дата:
Hello Bruce,

I do not see parameters starting with auto_explain. in configuration file and also do I need to enable logging collector. Please guide me on this.

--
  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>        https://momjian.us
  EDB                                      https://enterprisedb.com