Обсуждение: Not able to grant role to User.

Not able to grant role to User.

От
Gambhir Singh
Дата:
Hi,

While granting role to the user encountering below error.

Error: Exception: must have admin option role "application_role"

--
Thanks & Regards
Gambhir Singh

Re: Not able to grant role to User.

От
Ron
Дата:
While granting role to the user encountering below error.

Error: Exception: must have admin option role "application_role"

We need to see the actual command that you ran, and know what user that you ran it as.

--
Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia.

Re: Not able to grant role to User.

От
ashter lab
Дата:
Hi,
Can you please share Enterprise  posrgresql server license cost detail

While granting role to the user encountering below error.

Error: Exception: must have admin option role "application_role"

We need to see the actual command that you ran, and know what user that you ran it as.

--
Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia.

Re: Not able to grant role to User.

От
Ron
Дата:
Ni, I can't Enterprise DB can, though.

Can you please share Enterprise  posrgresql server license cost detail

While granting role to the user encountering below error.

Error: Exception: must have admin option role "application_role"

We need to see the actual command that you ran, and know what user that you ran it as.

--
Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia.

--
Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia.

Re: Not able to grant role to User.

От
Laurenz Albe
Дата:
On Sun, 2023-10-29 at 20:40 +0530, Gambhir Singh wrote:
> While granting role to the user encountering below error.
>
> Error: Exception: must have admin option role "application_role"

This is not a PostgreSQL error message.

You should ask the vendor of the software that generated this error message.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Re: Not able to grant role to User.

Дата:
Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> writes:
> On Sun, 2023-10-29 at 20:40 +0530, Gambhir Singh wrote:
>> Error: Exception: must have admin option role "application_role"

> This is not a PostgreSQL error message.

It could be a sloppily transcribed version of our pre-v16 message:

        if (!have_createrole_privilege() &&
            !is_admin_of_role(grantorId, roleid))
            ereport(ERROR,
                    (errcode(ERRCODE_INSUFFICIENT_PRIVILEGE),
                     errmsg("must have admin option on role \"%s\"",
                            rolename)));

If that's what it is though, any effort at reading the documentation
would have turned up the relevant point: the would-be grantor needs
to have been granted the role WITH ADMIN OPTION in order to be able
to grant it to (or revoke it from) someone else.  Or else be
superuser or someone with CREATEROLE.

            regards, tom lane