Обсуждение: Custom tstzrange with importance factored in

Custom tstzrange with importance factored in

От
"Rares Pop (Treelet)"
Дата:
Hi,

I want to make a custom range (and multirange type) that carries a few useful details.
Looks like I may have to implement the operators, custom functions and my own aggregator.
Where can I find the code SQL code for anything that relates to the tstzrange range type?

Or would you recommend a different approach?
I essentially want to be able to aggregate multiple tstzranges - each range with its own importance. The aggregation
wouldbe like a a join/intersect where ranges with higher importance override the ones with lower importance.

Thanks!
Rares

Re: Custom tstzrange with importance factored in

От
Jeff Davis
Дата:
On Fri, 2023-10-06 at 16:55 +0300, Rares Pop (Treelet) wrote:
> I essentially want to be able to aggregate multiple tstzranges - each
> range with its own importance. The aggregation would be like a a
> join/intersect where ranges with higher importance override the ones
> with lower importance.

It may be possible without a new data type. Can you describe the
semantics more precisely?

Regards,
    Jeff Davis