Обсуждение: Improve our wiki

Improve our wiki

От
Cédric Villemain

is someone against adding CategoryTree to our mediawiki installation ?
( https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:CategoryTree )

If no one is opposed, can pginfra update the configuration please ?

---------8<------8<---------
Add the following code in LocalSettings.php file:
   wfLoadExtension( 'CategoryTree' );

---------8<------8<---------

Thank you,

---
Cédric Villemain +33 (0)6 20 30 22 52
https://Data-Bene.io
PostgreSQL Expertise, Support, Training, R&D

Re: Improve our wiki

От
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Дата:
On 10/2/23 16:40, Cédric Villemain wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Cédric!

> is someone against adding CategoryTree to our mediawiki installation ?
> ( https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:CategoryTree )
>

> If no one is opposed, can pginfra update the configuration please ?
>
> ---------8<------8<---------
> Add the following code in LocalSettings.php file:
>     wfLoadExtension( 'CategoryTree' );
>
> ---------8<------8<---------

Sorry for the the somewhat long response time on this request but this
extension has now been turned on.

Stefan

Re: Improve our wiki

От
Cédric Villemain
Дата:
Le 23/11/2023 à 21:40, Stefan Kaltenbrunner a écrit :
> On 10/2/23 16:40, Cédric Villemain wrote:
>> Hi,
>
> Hi Cédric!

Hi Stefan !

>> is someone against adding CategoryTree to our mediawiki installation ?
>> ( https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:CategoryTree )
>>

>> If no one is opposed, can pginfra update the configuration please ?
>>
>> ---------8<------8<---------
>> Add the following code in LocalSettings.php file:
>>     wfLoadExtension( 'CategoryTree' );
>>
>> ---------8<------8<---------
>

> Sorry for the the somewhat long response time on this request but this
> extension has now been turned on.

Thank you for taking care of this request!

However CategoryTree should have appear here [1] in "Parser hooks"
table, like on mediawiki [2]

Doc is explicit: «This extension comes with MediaWiki 1.31 and above.
Thus you do not have to download it again. However, you still need to
follow the other instructions provided.» (the setting and you're done)

Maybe we have a custom install (1.35.13) without the extension file ?

[1] https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Special:Version
[2] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:Version

---
Cédric Villemain +33 (0)6 20 30 22 52
https://Data-Bene.io
PostgreSQL Expertise, Support, Training, R&D

Re: Improve our wiki

От
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Дата:
On 11/24/23 08:11, Cédric Villemain wrote:
> Le 23/11/2023 à 21:40, Stefan Kaltenbrunner a écrit :
>> On 10/2/23 16:40, Cédric Villemain wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>
>> Hi Cédric!
>
> Hi Stefan !
>
>>> is someone against adding CategoryTree to our mediawiki installation ?
>>> ( https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:CategoryTree )
>>>

>>> If no one is opposed, can pginfra update the configuration please ?
>>>
>>> ---------8<------8<---------
>>> Add the following code in LocalSettings.php file:
>>>     wfLoadExtension( 'CategoryTree' );
>>>
>>> ---------8<------8<---------
>>

>> Sorry for the the somewhat long response time on this request but this
>> extension has now been turned on.
>

> Thank you for taking care of this request!
>
> However CategoryTree should have appear here [1] in "Parser hooks"
> table, like on mediawiki [2]
>
> Doc is explicit: «This extension comes with MediaWiki 1.31 and above.
> Thus you do not have to download it again. However, you still need to
> follow the other instructions provided.» (the setting and you're done)
>
> Maybe we have a custom install (1.35.13) without the extension file ?
>
> [1] https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Special:Version
> [2] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:Version

Sorry for that - While I had commited that change to our configuration
management I had forgotten to deploy it, so the extension was active for
a while but the config got reverted automatically later on...

Should be fixed now...

Stefan

Re: Improve our wiki

От
Cédric Villemain
Дата:
Le 24/11/2023 à 08:28, Stefan Kaltenbrunner a écrit :
> On 11/24/23 08:11, Cédric Villemain wrote:
>> Le 23/11/2023 à 21:40, Stefan Kaltenbrunner a écrit :
>>> On 10/2/23 16:40, Cédric Villemain wrote:
> Sorry for that - While I had commited that change to our configuration
> management I had forgotten to deploy it, so the extension was active for
> a while but the config got reverted automatically later on...
>
> Should be fixed now...

It does, way easier to look at the wiki structure, tks again!
This URL allows to show the full tree of the wiki:

  https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Special:CategoryTree/Main?mode=all

(first things first I reverted an 11 years old change on Category Main
which was included itself, thus creating an infinite loop...)

---