Обсуждение: Minor configure/meson cleanup

Minor configure/meson cleanup

От
Thomas Munro
Дата:
0001: There is no point in searching -lrt and -lposix4 for fdatasync()
if it's supposed to help Solaris only.  They moved all the realtime
stuff into the main C library at least as far back as Solaris
10/OpenSolaris.

0002: There is no point in probing -lposix4 for anything.  That was
superseded by -lrt even longer ago.

We could go further:  I suspect the only remaining -lrt search we
still need in practice is for shm_open() on glibc < 2.34, but here I
just wanted to clean out some old Sun stuff that was called out by
name.

Вложения

Re: Minor configure/meson cleanup

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On 07.08.23 11:18, Thomas Munro wrote:
> 0001: There is no point in searching -lrt and -lposix4 for fdatasync()
> if it's supposed to help Solaris only.  They moved all the realtime
> stuff into the main C library at least as far back as Solaris
> 10/OpenSolaris.
>
> 0002: There is no point in probing -lposix4 for anything.  That was
> superseded by -lrt even longer ago.
>
> We could go further:  I suspect the only remaining -lrt search we
> still need in practice is for shm_open() on glibc < 2.34, but here I
> just wanted to clean out some old Sun stuff that was called out by
> name.

Looks sensible to me.

Re: Minor configure/meson cleanup

От