Обсуждение: PostgreSQL listens on localhost?

PostgreSQL listens on localhost?

От
Frank Gunseor
Дата:
I have read that PostgreSQL listens on localhost is it possible to have it listen on an IP address?

Thank you.

FDG

Re: PostgreSQL listens on localhost?

От
Matthias Apitz
Дата:
El día martes, agosto 01, 2023 a las 09:12:51a. m. -0700, Frank Gunseor escribió:

> I have read that PostgreSQL listens on localhost is it possible to have it
> listen on an IP address?
>
> Thank you.
>
> FDG

How about reading the man page of postgresql.conf and pg_hba.conf

Thanks

    matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045

Re: PostgreSQL listens on localhost?

От
Ron
Дата:
On 8/1/23 11:12, Frank Gunseor wrote:
> I have read that PostgreSQL listens on localhost is it possible to have it
> listen on an IP address?

Of course.  "localhost" is just the default.

--
Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia.

Re: PostgreSQL listens on localhost?

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 8/1/23 09:12, Frank Gunseor wrote:
> I have read that PostgreSQL listens on localhost is it possible to have
> it listen on an IP address?

Read:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/runtime-config-connection.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-CONNECTION-SETTINGS

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: PostgreSQL listens on localhost?

От
Frank Gunseor
Дата:
Hi Adrian,

I have just started with PostgreSQL after years away from Micro$oft SQL Server.
Thank you very much for the quick reference as I have also been trying to get through the documentation (all 3063 pages of it!).

FDG

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com