Обсуждение: BUG #17998: Postgres crashes when executing WorkTableScan.

BUG #17998: Postgres crashes when executing WorkTableScan.

От
PG Bug reporting form
Дата:

Bug reference:      17998
Logged by:          Jerry
Email address:      chenglin-liang@outlook.com
PostgreSQL version: Unsupported/Unknown
Operating system:   Ubuntu 18.04.6

I developed a fuzzing tool that skips the optimizer and directly uses the
correct physical plan to fuzz postgres, and found a crash caused by
executing WorkTableScan.
For detailed steps to reproduce, see the
link:https://github.com/chenglinLiang/pg-report.

-- Environment --
PG version: 10.23
Platform: Ubuntu 18.04.6
Kernel: Linux 5.15.0-75-generic

回复: BUG #17998: Postgres crashes when executing WorkTableScan.

От
梁 成林
Since pg is tested directly using the physical plan, the executed SQL includes a complete physical plan, and the abbreviated physical plan is:
WORKTABLESCAN{targetlist=[TargetEntry{targetexpr=CONST{constvalue ="61",consttype ="int4"},targetresname="Z",resjunk=False}],qual=[],wtParam = 59}

I developed a fuzzing tool that skips the optimizer and directly uses the
correct physical plan to fuzz postgres, and found a crash caused by
executing WorkTableScan.
For detailed steps to reproduce, see the
link:https://github.com/chenglinLiang/pg-report.

-- Environment --
PG version: 10.23
Platform: Ubuntu 18.04.6
Kernel: Linux 5.15.0-75-generic

Re: BUG #17998: Postgres crashes when executing WorkTableScan.

От
Heikki Linnakangas
Дата:
On 26/06/2023 06:47, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
> I developed a fuzzing tool that skips the optimizer and directly uses the
> correct physical plan to fuzz postgres, and found a crash caused by
> executing WorkTableScan.
> For detailed steps to reproduce, see the
> link:https://github.com/chenglinLiang/pg-report.

You need to provide some evidence that the plan your fuzzer generated is
valid, ie. something that could be produced by the planner. At a quick
glance, you have a WorkTableScan with no RecursiveUnion, which is bogus.

--
Heikki Linnakangas
Neon (https://neon.tech)