Обсуждение: doc patch: note AttributeRelationId passed to FDW validator function

doc patch: note AttributeRelationId passed to FDW validator function

От
Ian Lawrence Barwick
Дата:
Hi

Here:

  https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/fdw-functions.html

the enumeration of OIDs which might be passed as the FDW validator function's
second argument omits "AttributeRelationId" (as passed when altering
a foreign table's column options).

Attached v1 patch adds this to this list of OIDs.

The alternative v2 patch adds this to this list of OIDs, and also
formats it as an
SGML list, which IMHO is easier to read.

Looks like this has been missing since 9.3.

Regards

Ian Barwick

Вложения

Re: doc patch: note AttributeRelationId passed to FDW validator function

От
Ian Lawrence Barwick
Дата:
2023年6月7日(水) 9:08 Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick@gmail.com>:

> Hi
>
> Here:
>
>   https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/fdw-functions.html
>
> the enumeration of OIDs which might be passed as the FDW validator function's
> second argument omits "AttributeRelationId" (as passed when altering
> a foreign table's column options).
>
> Attached v1 patch adds this to this list of OIDs.
>
> The alternative v2 patch adds this to this list of OIDs, and also
> formats it as an
> SGML list, which IMHO is easier to read.
>
> Looks like this has been missing since 9.3.

Forgot to add this to a CF; done:  https://commitfest.postgresql.org/46/4730/

Regards

Ian Barwick

Re: doc patch: note AttributeRelationId passed to FDW validator function

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Thu, Dec 28, 2023 at 01:55:27PM +0900, Ian Lawrence Barwick wrote:
> 2023年6月7日(水) 9:08 Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick@gmail.com>:
>> The alternative v2 patch adds this to this list of OIDs, and also
>> formats it as an
>> SGML list, which IMHO is easier to read.
>>
>> Looks like this has been missing since 9.3.
>
> Forgot to add this to a CF; done:  https://commitfest.postgresql.org/46/4730/

Agreed that a list is cleaner.  Looking around I can see that the
catalogs going through the validator functions are limited to the five
you are listing in your patch.  Will apply in a bit, thanks!
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: doc patch: note AttributeRelationId passed to FDW validator function

От
Ian Lawrence Barwick
Дата:
2023年12月28日(木) 15:37 Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>:

> On Thu, Dec 28, 2023 at 01:55:27PM +0900, Ian Lawrence Barwick wrote:
> > 2023年6月7日(水) 9:08 Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick@gmail.com>:
> >> The alternative v2 patch adds this to this list of OIDs, and also
> >> formats it as an
> >> SGML list, which IMHO is easier to read.
> >>
> >> Looks like this has been missing since 9.3.
> >
> > Forgot to add this to a CF; done:  https://commitfest.postgresql.org/46/4730/
>
> Agreed that a list is cleaner.  Looking around I can see that the
> catalogs going through the validator functions are limited to the five
> you are listing in your patch.  Will apply in a bit, thanks!

Thanks for taking care of that!

Regards

Ian Barwick