Обсуждение: llvmjit.so: undefined symbol: LLVMBuildGEP Fedora 38

llvmjit.so: undefined symbol: LLVMBuildGEP Fedora 38

От
Kieran McCusker
Дата:
Hi

I have Postgresql 15.3 installed from postgresql.org running on Fedora 38.

If I run a query that starts JIT I get an error message

ERROR: could not load library "/usr/pgsql-15/lib/llvmjit.so": /usr/pgsql-15/lib/llvmjit.so: undefined symbol: LLVMBuildGEP CONTEXT: parallel worker

Is this a known issue?

Many thanks

Kieran

Re: llvmjit.so: undefined symbol: LLVMBuildGEP Fedora 38

От
Thomas Munro
Дата:
On Thu, May 18, 2023 at 8:46 PM Kieran McCusker
<kieran.mccusker@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have Postgresql 15.3 installed from postgresql.org running on Fedora 38.
>
> If I run a query that starts JIT I get an error message
>
> ERROR: could not load library "/usr/pgsql-15/lib/llvmjit.so": /usr/pgsql-15/lib/llvmjit.so: undefined symbol:
LLVMBuildGEPCONTEXT: parallel worker

> Is this a known issue?

LLVM 16 needs us to call LLVMBuildGEP2 instead (along with various
other changes).  I'm actively working on the patch that would fix that
right now; unfortunately I didn't manage to get it ready in time for
the PostgreSQL 15.3 release that just dropped but I'm getting close...
You could set jit=off or figure out how to use LLVM 15 instead (I
don't know much about Fedora, except that it's always first to switch
to new LLVM releases that happen every 6 months).

Re: llvmjit.so: undefined symbol: LLVMBuildGEP Fedora 38

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Hi,

On Thu, 2023-05-18 at 09:46 +0100, Kieran McCusker wrote:

> I have Postgresql 15.3 installed from postgresql.org running on Fedora
> 38.
>
> If I run a query that starts JIT I get an error message
>
> ERROR: could not load library "/usr/pgsql-15/lib/llvmjit.so":
> /usr/pgsql-15/lib/llvmjit.so: undefined symbol: LLVMBuildGEP CONTEXT:
> parallel worker
>
> Is this a known issue?

Yeah, and I'll push updated packages before Monday (if not tomorrow).

Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, PostgreSQL Major Contributor