Обсуждение: wiki.postgres ​ Tighten trigger permission checks already resolved

wiki.postgres ​ Tighten trigger permission checks already resolved

От
jian he

Hi.
The following Todo item seems  already resolved in pg15.

 Tighten trigger permission checks

But it seems to not appear in the pg15 release notes. (I searched for the keywords "trigger" and "function").

Re: wiki.postgres ​ Tighten trigger permission checks already resolved

Дата:
jian he <jian.universality@gmail.com> writes:
> The following Todo item seems  already resolved in pg15.
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Todo#Triggers
>> Tighten trigger permission checks
>> - Security leak with trigger functions?
>> <http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-12/msg00564.php>

> But it seems to not appear in the pg15 release notes. (I searched for the
> keywords "trigger" and "function").

The case shown at the head of that thread was fixed more than a decade
ago, cf commit 891e6e7bf (CVE-2012-0866).  However, the followup questions
discussed in the thread are still live: should there be a run-time not
only trigger-creation-time privilege check, and if so what should it
check exactly?  And is a separate TRIGGER privilege even reasonable,
rather than just saying you must be table owner to create a trigger?

            regards, tom lane