Обсуждение: Backup schema without data

Backup schema without data

От
Atul Kumar
Дата:
Hi,

Please help me in telling that how I can take the backup of one single schema without its data using pg_dump utility ?

So far, I could not find anything suitable for doing so.

Regards,
Atul

Re: Backup schema without data

От
Michael Loftis
Дата:
From the man page….

-s
--schema-only

Dump only the object definitions (schema), not data.

…..”

Please help me in telling that how I can take the backup of one single schema without its data using pg_dump utility ?

So far, I could not find anything suitable for doing so.

Regards,
Atul

into trouble of all kinds."
-- Samuel Butler

Re: Backup schema without data

Дата:
Atul Kumar <akumar14871@gmail.com> writes:
> Please help me in telling that how I can take the backup of one single
> schema without its data using pg_dump utility ?

Doesn't "pg_dump -s -n <schema> ..." do what you want?

            regards, tom lane

Re: Backup schema without data

От
Brent Wood
Дата:
Looking at the result of:

pg_dump --help

Usage:
  pg_dump [OPTION]... [DBNAME]
 -n, --schema=PATTERN         dump the specified schema(s) only
 -s, --schema-only            dump only the schema, no data

So: pg_dump -s -n <schema> <db>

It works for me...

Cheers

Brent Wood